COVID-19 Updates from the UA Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, Throat) Clinics in Tucson at Banner University Medicine North (3838 N Campbell Rd) and Banner University Medicine South Campus (2800 E Ajo Way) are currently open for appointments and new referrals, and we are able to take care of any otolaryngology needs for you or your patients.
The University of Arizona Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and Banner University Medicine—Tucson care deeply about the health and safety of our patients and staff. To our patients, we would like to share with you some of the changes you will see during your next ENT clinic visit with us, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We have instituted enhanced disinfection protocols including cleaning each exam room between every patient visit with anti-viral wipes.
- We have converted our ENT clinic exam rooms to have rapid filtration and removal of any infectious air-borne particles that may be generated during in-office procedures.
- Increased the time between scheduled patient visits in order to prevent crowding in the lobby and adhering to social distancing guidelines throughout the clinic areas, as recommended by the CDC and Arizona Department of Health.
- Staff and providers will review their schedules to identify visits that require procedures that may cause coughing and sneezing so that these visits are performed with enhanced precautions.
- COVID testing is done before any surgery in the OR and before some clinic procedures.
- We offer telehealth visits for appropriate complaints that may not need an in person clinic.
- All staff and doctors wear masks while in the clinic and seeing patients.
- All patients asked to wear masks or face-coverings while in the clinic building.
- Custom “valve-masks” worn by patients during endoscopy procedures.
- Screening including temperature checks at the entrance to the building for all patients and staff.
- No visitors allowed to accompany patients unless the patient has a special need.
We believe that these changes will make your ENT clinic visit and any procedures you may need, safer for yourself, our healthcare providers and staff. We ask for your cooperation as we all work together to create a healthy environment in our clinics, hospitals, and community during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns -- Phone: (520) 694-6144.
Steven J. Wang, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery